How to Automatically Clear Browsing History in Safari 2022
This tutorial is about how to clear browsing history automatically in Safari. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Automatically Clear Browsing History in Safari. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Automatically Clear Browsing History in Safari
Browsing history and other online traces are difficult to erase completely. In fact, they are recreated after each browsing session. Clearing your browsing history is a good way to make sure your history belongs to you. In this guide, we’ll show you how to clear history on Mac safely and quickly, even from day one. Before we go any further, let’s find out what search history is and why you might want to delete it. When you browse the web, your browser remembers every page you’ve visited.
With the exception of times when you choose incognito (or private browsing) mode, all of these sites are carefully stored in your browser and associated with your account. Websites you visit can now show up in autocomplete Google search forms when you search for them. They are also highlighted in purple in search results. Browsing history can be useful – you can always come back to it if you need to find that site as cool as its name a month after your visit. On macOS, Safari can automatically delete your browsing history at intervals you specify. However, this setting will not affect your other Apple devices like your iPhone and iPad, so you should always remember to manually clear your history on those devices.
How to Automatically Clear Browsing History in Safari
To automatically delete your browsing history on macOS:
- From the Safari toolbar, select “Safari -> Preferences…”
- In the window that appears, select the “General” tab.
- Open the “Delete items from history” drop-down menu.
- You can now choose how often Safari should delete your browsing history. The available options range from once a year to daily.
- Once this setting is configured, Safari will automatically delete all websites you have visited and all your searches within the specified interval.
- While you’re here, you can also open the “Remove items from downloaded list” drop-down menu and choose how often Safari should remove the list of files you’ve downloaded.
Final Words: How to Automatically Clear Browsing History in Safari
Hope you understand this article How to Automatically Clear Browsing History in Safari, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.