How to Clear Chrome Browsing Data with Keyboard Shortcut 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about how to clear Chrome browsing data with a keyboard shortcut. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Clear Chrome Browsing Data with a Keyboard Shortcut. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to clear Chrome browsing data with a keyboard shortcut
Google Chrome is a free web browser developed by Google and used to access websites on the Internet. As of March 2022, it’s the most popular web browser in the world, with over 62% market share. Google Chrome is also a cross-platform browser, which means there are versions that work on different computers, mobile devices, and operating systems. According to Statista, Google Chrome for Android is the most widely used version and held over 36% of the global web browser market share in January 2022. Using Google Chrome is as easy as using the default web browser on your current computer (for example, Internet Explorer, Edge or Safari).
If you want to visit a website, all you have to do is enter the URL of the web address in the address bar at the top and press Enter/Go/Search. Clearing a web browser’s cache and cookies is an important first step in almost any web browsing problem. The “cache” is a tool that your Internet browser uses to speed up the loading of pages. However, when updating and developing websites, sometimes problems can arise as cached files may conflict with the actual content of the website. By clearing your cache and cookies, we can be sure that any problems you are having are really related to the website and not inconsistencies caused by using different browsers. Below are the steps to clear data in Chrome browser using a keyboard shortcut.
How to Clear Chrome Browsing Data with a Keyboard Shortcut
- First open the browser from which you want to delete your browsing history. You will now need to use a three key shortcut depending on your device. However, the shortcut will be the same for all major browsers.
- Windows and Linux: Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete simultaneously.
- Mac: Press Command+Shift+Delete (backspace is labeled “Delete” on Mac and deletes characters to the left of the cursor).
- Chromebook: Press Ctrl + Shift + Backspace.
- In Chrome, you will see a popup like below. You can select what you want to delete by checking the corresponding boxes and the time period in the drop-down menu. Finally, click/tap the “Clear data” button at the bottom.
- In Firefox, you will get a pop-up window that looks like the following. As with Chrome, you will also be able to choose what to delete and for what time frame.
- The process is almost identical on all platforms, although the popups may look a bit different. Either way, you’ll be given the option to select what to delete and you’ll need to click/tap “Clear data” or a similar button.
Final words: How to clear Chrome browsing data with a keyboard shortcut
I hope you understand this article How to Clear Chrome Browsing Data with a Keyboard Shortcut, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.