How to Create an InPrivate Browsing Shortcut for Microsoft Edge 2022
This tutorial is about creating an InPrivate browsing shortcut for Microsoft Edge. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Create an InPrivate Browsing Shortcut for Microsoft Edge. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to create an InPrivate browsing shortcut for Microsoft Edge
Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. The new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, giving you the best performance and web compatibility. You can browse the web in Microsoft Edge in normal mode with different profiles, InPrivate browsing mode, and Guest mode.
Private Browsing is a mode of private browsing where your browsing history, download history, cookies and site data, and form-filling data are not remembered. Microsoft Edge saves downloaded files as well as new bookmarks created while browsing InPrivate. By default, when you browse InPrivate, Microsoft does not collect any information about the websites you visit for the purpose of improving the product. Your school, business, or internet service provider can still see your browsing activity. Browsing data for a specific private session is cleared after all private windows are closed.
Edge InPrivate keyboard shortcut
To open Edge InPrivate mode with a keyboard shortcut, you must first create a desktop shortcut in Edge InPrivate mode and then assign the desired key combination. This is how you can do it.
- Navigate to your Windows system desktop. You can do this by clicking on the “Show desktop” button that appears on the far right of the taskbar or by pressing the shortcut “Windows key + D”.
- Right-click on the empty space on the desktop. Select the “New Shortcut” option from the right-click context menu. This is the option that allows you to create custom shortcuts in Windows.
- Paste the following path in the Location field and click the “Next” button. The “-inprivate” flag is responsible for opening Edge in InPrivate mode. If you have multiple profiles and want to open a particular profile, change the “–profile-directory Default” flag accordingly.
Profile “C:Program Files (x86)MicrosoftEdgeApplicationmsedge.exe”-Default Directory -private
- Type a name for the desktop shortcut and click the “Finish” button. The name can be whatever you want. I recommend that you give it a somewhat descriptive name.
- Right click on the shortcut you just created. Select the “Properties” option from the context menu. This is how we are going to assign the keyboard shortcut.
- Select the “Shortcut” field in the “General” tab.
- Press the keyboard shortcut you want to assign. When you press you will see the keystrokes in the shortcut field.
- Click the “OK” button to save your changes.
Final Words: How to Create an InPrivate Browsing Shortcut for Microsoft Edge
Hope you understand this article How to Create an InPrivate Browsing Shortcut for Microsoft Edge, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.