How to Edit and Delete Your Amazon Browsing History
Access your Amazon browsing history and delete individual items or the entire library
Imagine trying to give a surprise gift to someone who has access to your Amazon account, but can see all the items you browse. Maybe you’re tired of receiving spammy suggestions after browsing through items you didn’t intend to buy. Or maybe you want to clear a bunch of embarrassing searches. There are many reasons to clear your Amazon browsing history. And this article will show you how to get the job done, whether you’re on a desktop computer or a mobile device.
How to Delete Your Amazon Browsing History
You can delete everything in your browsing history, either one by one. Here’s how:
Delete your browsing history on the Amazon site
- Go to Amazon.com and log in to your account.
- Move your cursor to Accounts and Lists in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select Navigation history in the drop-down menu.
- Click it remove from view under each item you want to delete.
- If you want to clear all your browsing history instead, click the Manage history option in the upper right corner and select Remove all items from view.
Delete Your Browsing History on Android App for Android or iOS
- Launch the Amazon Shopping app on your Android, iPhone, or iPad and make sure you’re signed in to the correct account.
- Tap the profile icon (second from the left) in the bottom bar.
- Select Your account.
- Navigate to the Personalized content section and press Navigation history.
- Faucet remove from view next to the items you want to delete. Or press Remove all items from view at the top of the page to clear all your history.
How to Disable Amazon History Tracking
If you don’t want to worry about deleting items from your history, you can prevent them from being saved first. Follow these steps:
How to Disable Amazon History Tracking on Website
- Visit Amazon.com and log into the account in question.
- Move towards Accounts and Lists in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on Navigation history in the drop-down menu.
- Select the Manage history option in the upper right corner.
- Toggle the Enable/disable browsing history option.
How to Disable Amazon History Tracking on the Amazon App for Android or iOS
- Launch the Amazon Shopping app on your phone.
- Tap the profile icon (the second option from the left) in the bottom menu.
- Picking out Your account.
- Scroll to Personalized content section and select Navigation history.
- Faucet Disable recently viewed items at the top of the page.
If the toggle turns back on for some reason and you start seeing your browsing history, related articles, or products inspired by your shopping trend again, repeat the process above.
Keep your purchase history secret
Deleting or deactivating your Amazon browsing history is very simple. Whether you’re tired of receiving push notifications reminding you of things you’ve browsed with no intention of buying or you don’t want anyone sharing your account to know what’s coming, follow the steps above.
Speaking of shared accounts, you can even archive your Amazon orders to hide them from your order history. However, you cannot remove them entirely as vendors are required to keep sales records.