How to Stop Chrome from Saving Browsing History in Windows 10/11 2022
This tutorial explains how to prevent Chrome from saving browsing history in Windows 10/11. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Stop Chrome from Saving Browsing History on Windows 10/11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Stop Chrome from Saving Browsing History on Windows 10/11
Most Windows customers forget to delete their browsing history and system information, which can be dangerous if someone else uses them without their consent. You can delete the browser’s reading history from the system, but you cannot prevent the browser from storing an infinite amount of information. Therefore, we have developed ideas and procedures to prevent the program from storing your browsing history on the system.
If you want to stop Chrome or Edge from saving your browsing history on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, this article will help you through the process. You can tell Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge not to save your browsing data, even if you’re using normal browsing mode. It is possible to configure items using the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor.
Normally, when you browse websites in the normal browser window, all data is saved on your computer. The same does not happen when using private or incognito mode. However, let’s say you are browsing the internet in normal browsing mode, but you don’t want to save any data. In such situations, you can follow this article step by step.
How to Stop Chrome from Saving Browsing History in Windows 10/11
- Open Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following key in the left sidebar:-
- Then right-click on the Policies folder and select the New > Key option.
- Name the newly created key as Google.
- After that, right-click on the Google key and select New > Key Options.
- Set the name of the newly created key to Chrome.
- Now right-click on the Chrome key and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new REG_DWORD value as SavingBrowserHistoryDisabled.
- Then double click on SavingBrowserHistoryDisabled and set the value data to 1.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
Final words: How to stop Chrome from saving browsing history on Windows 10/11
Hope you understand this article How to Stop Chrome from Saving Browsing History on Windows 10/11, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.