How to Stop Chrome or Edge from Saving Browsing History and Data in Windows 11 2022
This tutorial explains how to stop Chrome or Edge from saving browsing history and data in Windows 11. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Stop Chrome or Edge from Saving Browsing History and Data in Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to prevent Chrome or Edge from saving browsing history and data in Windows 11
Most Windows customers forget to delete their browsing history and browser information from the system, which can be risky if someone else uses it without their consent. They can clear the reading history in the system browser, without preventing the browser from saving information endlessly. Therefore, we have come up with some ideas and procedures to prevent the program from saving your browsing history on the system. Supposing you are looking for a method to stop Chrome and Edge browsers from saving your browsing history on your PC, please read this article for instructions.
How to stop Chrome from saving your browsing history in incognito mode
Incognito is a special private browsing mode for Google Chrome. When you turn on incognito mode, Chrome stops saving your browsing history. You can press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + N to activate this mode in Chrome. The incognito browsing window displayed directly below will then open. Enabling incognito mode is an easy way to turn off browsing history, but Chrome doesn’t include a built-in option to start the browser in incognito mode. Google Chrome also stops saving cookies and site data with this mode enabled. If you want to disable browsing history and browse in normal mode, you will need to apply one of the alternative methods below.
How to Prevent Google Chrome from Saving Browsing History by Editing the Registry
You can disable browsing history in Google Chrome by adjusting the registry. This method involves adding a new Chrome key and SavingBrowserHistoryDisabled DWORD to the registry. You can do this with Windows 11 Registry Editor in the following steps.
- First, press Win + S.
- Type regedit in the Windows 11 search box and click Run as administrator to open Registry Edito.
- Then navigate to ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREpolicies in the Registry Editor sidebar. Or you can enter this registry path in the address bar.
- Right-click the Policies key and select New > Key.
- Type Google for the title of the new key.
- Right-click on the Google key you just added to the registry and select your New and Key options.
- Then enter Chrome in the new key text box.
- Right-click on the Chrome registry key and select the New option. Select DWORD (32-bit) Value from the submenu.
- Enter Save Browser History Disabled as the new DWORD title.
- Double-click Save Browser History DWORD Disabled to open an Edit DWORD window.
- Enter 1 in the Value data box and click OK.
- Then select Restart Windows from the Start menu.
How to Prevent Google Chrome from Saving Browsing History with Group Policy Editor
Group Policy Editor is a management tool that includes some policy settings for Chrome. If you’re using Windows 11 Pro or Enterprise, you can enable a policy setting that disables saving browsing history in Chrome. Here’s how to turn off Chrome browsing history with the Group Policy Editor.
- Press Win + X and click Run in the menu that opens.
- To open the Group Policy Editor, enter gpedit.msc in Run and click OK.
- Double-click Computer Configuration and Administrative Templates in the Group Policy Editor.
- Select Google > Google Chrome on the left side of the Group Policy Editor.
- Double-click the Disable saving browser history setting to open its window.
- Then select Enabled in the Disable browsing history recording window and click the Apply button.
- Select OK to exit.
- Restart Windows for the changes to take effect.
How to Stop Google Chrome from Saving Browsing History with an Extension
No History is a Google Chrome extension that prevents the browser from saving your page history when enabled. This extension also includes an option to clear Chrome history. You can disable browsing history with this extension as follows.
- Open the No History page.
- Click the Add to Chrome and Add Extension buttons.
- You will then see a No History button on the Chrome toolbar. Click this button to open the extension.
- Select On to disable saving Chrome page history.
Final words: How to stop Chrome or Edge from saving browsing history and data in Windows 11
Hope you understand this article How to Stop Chrome or Edge from Saving Browsing History and Data in Windows 11, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.