The Town of Southbury is hiring a Finance and Human Resources Assistant
The Town of Southbury is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Finance and Human Resources Assistant.
The Town of Southbury is hiring a part-time Finance and Human Resources Assistant. The position is 20 hours/week and offers paid holidays. The pay scale is $22.00 to $26.00/hour. The position provides administrative support to the finance office, assisting finance and human resources functions, including recruitment and onboarding, benefits, accounts payable, workers compensation and accounts receivable .
- Performs Accounts Payable related tasks ensuring timely entry and payment of invoices
- Assists Human Resources during the recruitment and hiring process
- Makes bank deposits and enters receivables into the accounting system
- Maintains and updates job descriptions
- Preparation and assistance for internal and external audits
- Ensures prompt responses to questions from applicants and new hires
- Schedule interviews for vacant positions
- Ensures the reception and examination of all employment applications
- Help administer and update employee benefits
- Maintains office records, including personnel files
- Schedules meetings and answers and directs calls appropriately
- Updates the payroll system with changes to employee information
- Assistance with filing workers’ compensation claims and preparing necessary documentation
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of accounting software, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to develop effective relationships with staff, supervisors and the public and possess well-developed interpersonal skills
- Associate’s degree in finance, accounting, human resources or related field and at least one year of related experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Deadline to apply:
The deadline for receipt of applications is December 9, 2022.
The Town of Southbury is the EOE/ADA employer. For more job openings, please visit the Job Opportunities page.
Details are available on the Town of Southbury webpage.