Valorant will introduce improved menu navigation with patch 5.10
Valorant’s next ones Update 5.10 brings a plethora of additions to the game that also include quality of life changes. According to reports online, the update will improve menu navigation. This will significantly improve the current menu system that was introduced in Episode 5, Act 3.
Along with small bug fixes and menu changes, Riot is also introducing agent tweaks which include The cipher buffs and Fade nerves. According to the developers, the current meta needs a change and so the changes will help them get closer to their goals.
The menu changes will also be a great addition as many players were slightly disappointed with the UI design (User Interference) that Riot implemented mid-episode. These changes will make navigation a bit easier.
Valorant updates menu icons with patch 5.10
Patch 5.10 will introduce menu icons on the Valorant home screen. Players will be able to access the tab of their choice at the top of the screen next to the Play button. This will make menu navigation much easier.
The Riot devs added the following statement to the patch notes for the upcoming update:
“After hearing the pain of removing one-click access to most of our menus, we’ve reinstated this functionality in the form of icon buttons in the universal navigation at the top of the screen.”
The statement continued:
“You will now be able to switch between Home, Battlepass, Agents, Career, Collection, and Store with one click from anywhere. Not sure what the icon is? yourself .”
The next update will introduce the following menu buttons:
- Battle Pass
In the current Valorant menu settings, players often have trouble navigating to the desired screen. Sometimes a player has to click multiple options to enter or even exit a screen. Patch 5.10 could really change that with the addition of a more simplistic structure to the menu.
Apart from the looks, the main screen is also quite difficult to navigate. with the next patch, players will be able to access their collection, career, or Battlepass from their lobby. This means that it will not be necessary to return to the main menu. This will make navigation less hectic than before.
Patch 5.10 also brings tons of bug fixes for Officers like Astra and some fixes for Harbor. Some of these fixes are:
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes appear under the map
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeter on the minimap would shorten when aiming up or down even though the Cascade was traveling the same distance
- Fixed a bug where the Harbor Cascade targeter on the minimap was slightly shorter than the actual distance it would travel
- Fixed a bug where Astra could launch a fake nebula right at the start of a turn before her star charged
Along with the Agent, Riot Games is also making fixes for some of the title’s known issues, including:
- Button highlighting/coloring state inconsistencies on new universal navigation buttons for Home, Battlepass, Agents, Career, Collection, and Shop
- Selected universal navigation icons do not navigate to the selected menu when used from a sub-navigation menu